• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPC-H practice exams

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
Hi, I am looking for more (reasonably priced) practice exams for the CPC-H. I have the AAPC practice exam and the practice exam that comes with the blitz videos. The practice exams on this website seem geared towards the CPC. I really want a test for the CPC-H. Can anyone recommend any practice exams for the CPC-H?

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
Thanks for getting back to me! Didn't think anyone would!
I saw the cpchtestprep site a couple of weeks ago. Asked about them in the AAPC forum because I was weary on how reputable they would be one reply got back to me - Any practice is good practice!- I did buy them, So if anyone reading this, they do not mimick the AAPC test like they claim they do, but cheap enough practice! I have given up on finding anything CPCH related and just hoping to do well enough to pass. I am hoping to get the practicode in a week or so, which is why I don't want to spend any more money on practice test. Thinking that would be the best practice!

louise

CCO Practicoder
Hi,
Sorry to hear that these don't represent the CPC-H exam questions. I bought them, but haven't started them yet. Let me know if you know of any that are closer to the real thing.

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
Hi,
Sorry to hear that these don't represent the CPC-H exam questions. I bought them, but haven't started them yet. Let me know if you know of any that are closer to the real thing.
I am glad I bought those test, I have only done 1 test so far so maybe I spoke too soon, but I really don't see the rest being any different. The practice test on this site and the CPCH practice test on the AAPC website are the best as far as mimicking the real thing. I would also recommend the blitz videos!!!! They are worth every cent!!! I have watched them a couple of times and plan on watching them a few more before my certification! I also found medical coding practice exam on the kindle (from medical coding pro) 1 - 150 question test was $10.00 and with a couple of typing erras that was worth the money also! Like I said before, I am waiting to get Practicode!

If you come across anything else, would you please share it with me? Either through here or a message through here
Thanks Andrea

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
I don't see any Blitz videos for CPC-H. What am I missing?
They are just the blitz videos, She goes over all the manuals and gives you notes and really helps explain a lot of different aspects of coding in what I deem "simple terms". You should do a search on you tube and get samples of some of her videos and see if it is something that would be of help. Just type in blitz video and something should come up. There is a sample video here as well.

Tamara Lucus

CCO Instructor
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
Using the AAPC purchased practice test are the best. I recommend them to all my students. Those practice test are parts of a real certification exam. You can take them more than once and they give you the rationales for any missed answers. You are also timed when taking them so it helps you with time management. Having your CPT books well marked and studying your guidelines will see you through the exam. Good luck and feel free to contact me at anytime with questions.

louise

CCO Practicoder
Thank you Tamara and elenipete for your advice. I have purchased both sets of practice exams, and have the AAPC CPC-H Study Guide. I am somewhat surprised to find how much similarity there is between CPC and CPC-H. I'll have more to say after studying the text I'm sure. Any comments would be much appreciated :)

louise

CCO Practicoder
After taking two of the four exams from these guys, I asked for a refund (and surprisingly, got it with no complaints). The questions were at times informative, but mostly they were:
-too simple (I finished 150 questions in less than 1.75 hours)
-not outpatient specific
-still had Vol III questions which are no longer covered on the CPC-H

I have found the AAPC CPC-H Study Guide to be extremely helpful. It has chapter questions, case studies, operative reports, and a 75 question practice exam. In combination with the AAPC practice exam package, I'm hoping that all will go well. :rolleyes: